Prep + Cook Time: 60
• 600g chicken breast
• 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cups of vegetable stock, salt reduced
• 1 ½ cups of tri colour quinoa
• 120g baby spinach
• 1 cup green peas
• 2 bunches asparagus, cut into small pieces
• 1 leek, white part only finely chopped
• 1 garlic, crushed
• 1 cup mushroom, sliced
• Salt and pepper
• ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
• Parsley to garnish
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat with half of the oil. Season chicken and add to pan. Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
2. Reheat pan with remaining oil. Add leek, garlic and mushroom cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, until soft and browned. Transfer to a bowl.
3. Add stock to pan and bring to the boil. Add quinoa, stirring well. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
4. Return mushroom mixture to pan with spinach and peas and cook for 1 minute to reheat and wilt spinach. Slice chicken and serve on top of risotto with grated parmesan and garnish with parsley.
Energy: 1745kJ (417cal)
Total Fat: 12g